A Whirl-Wind Travel Day
Members of the Starlight team headed to Europe over the past month to meet with our Ukraine-based development team (ELEKS). Bill Bradley (CEO) and Marty Kilmer (COO) of Starlight provided an overview of what they experienced during their most recent trips to Lviv.
ELEKS is a global company that provides full-cycle software engineering services, from ideation to finished products. ELEKS helps clients transform their businesses digitally by providing expert software engineering services.
Getting Settled and Down to Business
Once settled in, the team had a variety of meetings, discussing the final phase of development on the transition of our legacy system to a cutting- edge cloud-based system. The meetings focused on topics such as:
- Review and analysis of the driver, SalespPoint, contractor, and dispatch applications to ensure that they will integrate seamlessly into the underlying core system.
- Tying all the functionality to the billing and invoicing systems as the final component of the system development.
- Building out and mapping the code completion and testing plans to ensure a great release and to identify any outstanding items for resolution.
- Expanding the system’s reporting functionality to provide customers with greater data and insight into their businesses.
- Ongoing discussions around expansion and enhancements to the systems following the initial offering.
“Great people build great products. Down in the weeds with these guys this past week, they are careful, diligent, thorough and creative, we’re going to finish with a world-class offering,” said Bill Bradley, CEO of Starlight Software of the Ukraine development team and their efforts.
Marty echoed Bill’s feelings about the ELEK’s team saying, “Over the years I have had the opportunity to work with technical resources from numerous countries on a wide array of development projects. The ELEKs teams assigned to the Starlight development efforts are among the best in terms of technical skill, professionalism, and organization.”
Exploring the City
Between meetings and business talk, the team got to spend some time together and explore the city of L’viv.
“Lviv proved to be a quant, friendly city with a proud, resilient, and rich history underlying its transition into a modern European technology center. In the bustling city center, for example, stands the National Revival Wave statue and sculpture (seen below), an ornate depiction of Ukraine’s rich past, and in honor of one of its famous writers, Taras Schevchenko”, said Marty of his first trip to Ukraine.
Along with sight-seeing, the team got to try some new and exciting dishes! Below are just a few highlights:
The Starlight team is looking forward to our next phase of development. The new features and capabilities will allow us to be at the forefront of the industry offerings, providing existing and future customers with technology that provides optimization and helps their business grow.
To learn more about Starlight, visit our website.